Monday, April 6, 2009

bday wrap up

Well, as you know, last Thursday was my 26th bday. I had an absolutely wonderful time and feel so loved by my family, friends and co-workers.

My day started with flowers from Erin and brownies from Shannon. A group went to lunch at Barbara Jeans and Annie arranged for Michael to surprise me and meet us there. After lunch I had cake in Golf Course Properties and arrived back at my desk to find more flowers and a gift from Emily. Late in the day, Kym sent me a delish Edible Arrangement. mmmmm.

I left work around 6, still not knowing what Michael had planned for the evening. He then texted me to be ready at 7. What to wear? Where are we going? Nada.

We ended up at Marker 32...I've always wanted to go. And it far exceeded my expectations. Michael had called ahead and told them it was birthday so as soon as we sat down they brought champagne. We did all the courses from an amuse bouche sent out by the chef through hazelnut creme brulee (with candles :). Michael and I are both still raving out about the INSANELY ridiculously delicious warm spinach salad. For dinner he had the tuna special and I had the grouper special. Both entrees were wonderful so we shared back and forth. Our server, Miles, is a high school friend of Michael's and he made the whole experience really special.

Michael, once again, outdid himself. Dinner was perfect and his card made me cry, and the Chicago (the band) tickets made me soooo happy.

So let's go with #26 woohooo.

No comments: