Wednesday, June 22, 2011

just like highschool with adult bank accounts

my cousin was in his first year of college when he was reflecting on a situation regarding the adults in his life. he told me...

"you can't even get involved. it's just like highschool but with adult bank accounts. in five years no one is going to remember this argument happened. everyone will move on. it sucks right now but it won't soon."

it struck me as very wise at the time but the fact that i've thought about it and carried it with me reinforces how true it was and is. it doesn't matter how old you are, we (adults) will act like teenagers. (dont' believe me? watch rhonyc). we'll be upset about something today and over it the next.

this sentiment is especially helpful when work gets difficult. and i'm taking my successes and failures way too seriously. it will pass. no one will remember in 5 years. in fact, no one will remember on monday.

eat your eggs. drink your chardonnay. go to bed. tomorrow will be better.

No comments: